Medical Record FAQs

How can I obtain a copy of my medical records?

You must complete the “Authorization for use and disclosure of protected health information” form to receive a copy of your medical records.  This form is also available in our office or we would be glad to mail or fax a copy to you. The authorization form must be signed by the patient. If signed by other than the patient, documentation of authority to sign for the patient must be provided.  Valid picture identification is required.  You can return the form in person, by mail, or by fax. Copies provided to the patient are free of charge if less than 25 pages.

Can you give me my medical information over the phone?

No, we cannot.  This is due to the need to protect patient confidentiality.  We are not able to confirm identity over the telephone, so we do not supply information over the phone.  Additionally, we are not clinical personnel and cannot explain test results.

Can someone else pick up my medical records for me?

Yes, but only if the signed authorization form specifies that they may be released to that person.  If you wish someone else to pick them up for you, list them as the receiving party, along with yourself, on the authorization.

If the person picking up your medical records was not listed in the original authorization, provide a letter with the date of the service, patient signature and date of birth.  If we can confirm your signature and the identity of the receiving individual with an ID form, we will release your records to that person.

Can my spouse get my medical records?

No, only if they have a valid authorization signed by you or your legal representative, specifying that your medical records may be released to that individual.

Can I obtain medical records of my minor child?

Medical information of a minor patient relating to pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, drug or alcohol abuse is considered confidential and requires the patient, the custodial parents or legal guardians to sign the authorization.

How can I get the medical records of a deceased relative?

The Personal Representative of the Estate of the deceased individual can authorize the release of the medical records of the deceased.  The Personal Representative must be appointed by the Probate Court and bring documentation of the appointment before records will be released.  Items such as Durable Power of Attorney or designation as a decision-maker in an Advance Directive are no longer valid after the death of the patient. Still have a question? Give us a call (660) 882-4130.

Contact Information
PRH Medical Records Office
17651 Highway B
Boonville, MO 65233

Phone: (660) 882-4130
Fax: (660) 882-4131