Pediatrics to geriatrics, stroke patients to cancer survivors, injured athletes to wounded weekend warriors, all can benefit from therapy services. Pinnacle Regional Hospital offers specialized therapy services performed by highly trained and certified staff. Our therapists will compassionately motivate you and make a positive difference in your recovery and life.
Pinnacle Regional Hospital offers rehabilitation therapy services in two setting: Pinnacle Regional Hospital Outpatient Therapy Center located in the lower level of the Rural Health Clinic and Pinnacle Regional Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation located within the hospital.
The primary goal of Occupational Therapy is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life. Occupational therapists achieve this outcome by enhancing an individual’s ability, modifying the environment, or by adapting the activity. These adjustments give people the skills needed for living life to the fullest.
Occupational Therapy is provided at Pinnacle Regional Hospital through local and out-of-town referrals for a broad range of conditions, including these common ones:
- Pre- and post-surgery for rotator cuff injuries
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Pre- and post-surgery for shoulder, elbow, wrist & hand
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Arthritis and upper extremity joints
- Workers’ comp injuries
- Strengthening joints
Occupational Therapy Services can benefit:
- Post-surgical and conservative orthopedic dysfunctions of the upper extremity
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson’s, and multiple sclerosis
- Athletic and work-related injuries
- Arthritis and Osteoporosis
- Limitations in self-care including toileting, grooming, bathing, dressing, cooking, and working
- Cognitive Therapy
- Specialized Occupational Therapy Services
- Adaptive equipment assessment for self-care
- Wheelchair/Scooter assessment
- Inpatient care
- Physical Therapy helps people develop, maintain, and restore maximum movement and function when those abilities have been threatened by aging, injury, disease, or environmental factors. Therapists assess movement potential and help individuals maximize their quality of life through treatment, prevention, and rehabilitation.
- Physical Therapy is provided at Pinnacle Regional Hospital through local and out-of-town referrals for a broad range of conditions, including these common ones:
- Post-surgical recovery
- Low back pain
- Joint replacement recovery
- Chronic pain
- Generalized weakness rehab
- Vestibular rehab for vertigo or dizziness
- Difficulty or impaired walking and balance
Physical Therapy Services can benefit:
- Post-surgical and conservative orthopedic dysfunctions of the neck, back, shoulder, pelvis, hip, knee, ankle, and foot
- Athletic and work-related injuries
- Total joint replacements of the hip, knee, ankle and shoulder
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, ALS and other conditions
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Oncology rehabilitation—restoration of function, minimization of physical decline
- Geriatric conditions—debilitation, balance disorders
Speech Therapy provides comprehensive treatment for people with speech-language and swallowing difficulties. Depending on the nature and severity of the disorder, our speech pathologist may provide common treatments including physical strengthening exercises, repetitive practice and drilling, audio-visual aids, and other communication strategies. Speech Therapy services at Pinnacle Regional Hospital are offered for both inpatient as well as for outpatient. If you have questions or concerns about speech services, please feel free to contact the Pinnacle Regional Hospital Outpatient Therapy Center at 660-882-4195.
Speech Therapy offers evaluation and treatment for many complaints including:
- Aphasia (inability to speak and comprehend)
- Voice disorders
- Central auditory processing
- Dysphagia (inability to swallow safely or comfortably)
- Hearing disorders
Contact Rehabilitation Services at (660) 882-4195.