Emergency Department Services
Call 911 if you or someone you are with needs immediate medical treatment.
- Is the victim’s condition life-threatening?
- Could the victim’s condition worsen and become life threatening on the way to the hospital?
- Does the victim require the skills or equipment of paramedics or EMTs?
- Could the distance or traffic conditions cause a delay in getting the victim to the hospital?
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes,” or if you are unsure, it is best to call 911.
The Pinnacle Regional Hospital Emergency Department provides care to our community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our providers and nurses are prepared to treat your immediate health needs from minor to serious injury, illness or disease. When necessary, critically injured or seriously ill patients are treated and stabilized in our Emergency Department and then transferred by ambulance or helicopter to a more specialized facility. Many patients are also admitted to our inpatient unit for further care after receiving their initial treatment in the Emergency Department.
Our Emergency Room was designed for the comfort of patients and visitors. It features:
- Central nurse station surrounded by patient rooms
- Private rooms that are family friendly and convenient
- Special area for Hazmat treatment
- Trauma bay with four beds for disaster with multiple injuries
- Separate entrance for ambulance patients
- Lab next door for quick blood draws and results
- Large, comfortable lobby
- Bedside registration
- Patient-focused care
- Reserved parking near the ER canopy for emergency patients
What to expect
You will receive care in an expedited manner and be placed in an ER room with ongoing care from a designated ER nurse. If blood work or other lab tests are required, be prepared to wait up to an hour for results. X-rays or other imaging may also be required and will be examined by both an ER physician and radiology specialist before you receive the results.
From your entry to the Emergency Room through your entire stay, our focus is on providing excellent medical care in a compassionate environment.